Education is critical to long term development and the improvement of livelihoods, yet it is estimated that 70% of adults in Burkina Faso are illiterate.
In response we::
- Improve access to education through a bursary scheme, which provides support for the poorest families to help their children to go to school. (NB, we do not have an individual child sponsorship scheme).
- Support new and improved school buildings and facilities such as solar power for classrooms in 10 schools across the country.
- Improve the quality of learning through teacher training, provision of computers for classrooms etc.
- Support initiatives to provide adult and vocational education,
- Encourage other ways in which education can be improved in Burkina Faso, including opportunities for individuals and groups to serve in local schools
Find out the difference your donation can make
Help to change lives